Wednesday 11 July 2012

Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip & Princess Katherine Visit Leicester

I've been meaning to do this post for a while now but finally I've been able to get round to it. So after the previous taster here are the final photos I took on the 8th of March the day of the royal visit.

Whilst my sister was off at De Monfort University, as a representative of her school for the robotics club. Myself, Katie Ellis, her mother Ruth Ellis and my mother Sam Johnson took ourselves down to the clock tower in town, where her royal highness Queen Elizabeth II would unveil a plaque. Accompanied by Prince Philip and Princess Katherine (The Duchess of Cambridge). This would commemorate the queens visit. To entertain the crowds whilst waiting, there were men dressed as grannies scooting on some trolleys, a cyclist, some dancers and plenty of music. 

We stood for a very painful 6 hours and it wasn't the best of British weather either. I'm not going to go into any detail of how painful it was, but I can assure you it was well worth it. The atmosphere was very electrifying especially when the queen walked onto the scene. I was only 9 when she visited Leicester for her Golden Jubilee back in 2002, but I still remember that myself and my two siblings were lucky enough to shake her hand. It was a very happy moment.

Anyway I do apologise as some of these photos are slightly blurry but I've tried ever so hard to fix that but my blog doesn't seem to like it. But I hope you can imagine what an experience it was under all that.

















No comments: