Sunday 11 July 2010

Proud Mother

Whilst by the lake, at Braunstone Park we saw a beautiful Swan guarding four little Cygnets. The father was standing near by making sure other animals came nowhere near his family. There was a bench close by so we sat down and watched the family rest, we made sure we didn't make any sudden movements that could make the mother feel threatened. I took some snap shots of the Swan family as the parents didn't seem to mind but I certainly made sure I didn't get to close. As we walked away she watched us with caution. We had been very lucky to have witnessed this scene as many swans are known for being more protective around their children. But I guess Braunstone can be a busy place, but using a friendly but wary eye I can see they know their home. So here is the lovely 'Proud Mother'........







No comments: